Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Corn Salad Over Baked Salmon

/Photo by me/

Not sure about you but I have been enjoying these nice summery days lately.  Watching the sun rays going throw my veggie garden makes me want to eat nothing but fresh foods; yeah and drink some crisp Chardonnay! I love to eat fish and this is my favorite recipe. Based on Better Homes and Gardens, but I changed it up a bit.  So easy to make; the salad can be made a day ahead but I think it tastes better the day of.  Feel free to add what ever your pallet desires or what ever you have left in your fridge. Here I added some cucumber that my son left on his plate.  It really takes about 40 mins to make and I hope that this will become your summer staple too.






Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups of corn (canned, frozen or cooled fresh)
1/3 cup chopped sweet bell pepper
1/4 cup fresh chives thinly chopped
3 Tbsp fresh basil thinly sliced
2 Tbsp of agave syrup
3 Tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries

4 Piece of Salmon about 4-5oz
2 Tbsp finely shredded lemon peel
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground fresh pepper

Directions:

1. For corn salad,  combine corn, pepper, chives, basil
agave syrup, lemon juice and salt.  Add blueberries and toss
gently to combine.

2. Put the piece of salmon on nonstick baking dish.
Sprinkle it with salt, lemon peel, cumin and black pepper.
I like to add a bitt of grape seed oil for extra moisture!

3. Pre-heat oven and bake on 400F for about 20-30mins
according to the size of your fish.

4. Serve it on a bed of quinoa topped with corn salad.

And do not forget that nice glass of Chardonnay.

Let me know how yours turned out!  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment